We all know that we men need testosterone to build muscles and to stay vigorous, though as we get older our bodies aren’t able to produce as much testosterone as before. Some people resort to anabolic steroids, but those things are banned due to rather terrible side effects you’re liable to suffer. A natural T-booster is much better since it has natural ingredients that can help your body produce more testosterone naturally.
One of the best and most popular of these T-boosters is Prime Male. It’s one of the bestselling testosterone boosters that promises help your body become better at producing more testosterone, and that can change your life for the better.
So let’s take a closer look at the Prime Male T-booster and find out what makes it different—or maybe even superior—from the rest of the pack.
What is Prime Male?
Prime Male is a supplement containing natural ingredients, which helps your body to produce more testosterone. It is specifically formulated for older men to help reduce the normal effects of andropause. With this, you just take a pill, unlike with some anabolic steroids that require the use of a needle.
This has long been a popular supplement, and even now in 2019, it remains a bestseller. The company promises even a risk-free money-back guarantee that lets you try it out for 90 days if you buy from its official website.
This is made by Propura, which boasts of focusing on Advanced Natural Health Research. They’re based in London in the UK. Their team of researchers is headed by a Ph.D. research chemist with lots of experience, and they make sure that none of their line of supplements contains any harmful synthetic ingredients.
Prime Male is one of their most popular supplements, and this is designed mainly for one main goal: to get your testosterone levels up again by enabling your body to produce more of it. Once your testosterone levels are up, you’re able to get stronger as you’re more able to build bigger muscles. Your decreasing libido should spike back up to more normal levels of desire. You can get rid of your large tummy and other areas with lots of fat. You’ll be more energetic and your mind will feel sharper. You’ll feel more confident as well, which is unsurprising given all the benefits to your mind, body, and mood.
Take note that Prime Male doesn’t claim to directly cause these improvements. All these benefits are on account of the effect of the revitalized levels of testosterone in your body. What Prime Male does is simple. It enables your body to produce more testosterone more efficiently. This is done with the supplement’s special formula with its natural ingredients.
What Are Its Ingredients?
The key to any testosterone booster is its formula. The ingredients should be listed so you can do your own research on each one. In addition, the dosage of each ingredient must be listed as well.
Quite a few supplements use what they call a “proprietary formula”. This means they keep secrets regarding the dosage of the ingredients. In some cases, they may even use “special” blends without mentioning the ingredients in them. Supposedly, proprietary formulas keep competitors from copying their formula. But keeping the dosage secret can also be bad for consumers, as the ingredients may not be present in an amount that would actually matter.
D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate, 1600 mg
D-AA is an amino acid that functions as a neurotransmitter. It activates the release of luteinizing hormone, and the LH causes the testes to produce more testosterone.
Here D-AA is present in calcium chelate form so it’s much more soluble in water than the regular version. This means your body us more able to absorb it, and you won’t have the stomach issues that can arise from regular D-AA.
Boron, 5 mg
This is also present as boron amino acid chelate, which makes it more soluble and therefore bioavailable. It leads to greater testosterone production as well.
Asian Red Ginseng, 120 mg
This is also known as Korean red ginseng. It has been used in traditional Asian folk medicine for hundreds of years, primarily for increasing energy and long life.
Luteolin, 60 mg
This is the citrus flavonoid that’s considered the strongest of the aromatase inhibitors. Basically, it’s very effective in reducing your estrogen levels if you’re a man. It also causes your androgens to produce more testosterone.
Magnesium, 100 mg
Your body may have more than enough testosterone, but the problem is that most of it bind with sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). This binding makes the testosterone unavailable for other uses, such as building muscle, preserving your energy, and maintaining your libido.
It’s a good thing that magnesium reduces the levels of SHBG in your system, so you have more testosterone free for your body to use more productively.
Mucuna Pruriens, 300 mg
Estrogen and prolactin are female hormones, and if you have too much of these two it’s not surprising that they cause lower testosterone. But Mucuna Pruriens reduces prolactin levels, and that helps with your testosterone levels.
Mucuna Pruriens is also a source of L-dopa, which works as a testosterone booster as well while it boosts your body’s production of HGH (which helps with muscle building).
Mucuna Pruriens also reduces cortisol levels, and cortisol can destroy testosterone.
Nettle Root, 160 mg
This has lignans that bind with SHBG, so the SHBG doesn’t bind with your testosterone instead. This leaves you with greater levels of free testosterone to use.
Nettle root also has beta-sitosterol, which helps in increasing T-levels. In addition, the nettle root can also decrease estrogen levels.
Zinc, 30 mg
When you don’t have enough zinc, you consequently get lower levels of luteinizing hormone, which you need for your testes to start producing testosterone. This is in citrate form, which your body is better able to absorb.
Vitamin B6, 7.5 mg
This stimulates your androgen receptors to cause your testes to put in more testosterone into your system. In itself, it can also lift your mood and improve your libido, just like testosterone.
This also enables your body to better absorb zinc and magnesium.
Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU
If you don’t have enough vitamin D3, you can end up with low T-levels and a shorter life.
Vitamin K2, 45 mcg
This works for hand in hand in hand with vitamin D3. It works on its own to boost T-levels, while it stimulates the vitamin D3 to work better.
This makes nutrients in supplements 20 times easier to absorb. So what this does is make everything else in the Prime Male formula much easier for your body to absorb.
It’s unfortunate that quite a few supplement manufacturers simply use ingredients that people think will work! They may not care all that much whether or not the ingredients are actually helpful for increasing testosterone levels.
- For D-AA, about two dozen men ranging in age from 27 to 37 took at least 3 grams of D-AA a day. After just 12 days, the testosterone levels increased by 42%.
- A separate study involved men with fertility problems, and they consumed 2.7 grams of D-AA daily for 3 months. Afterward, they showed a testosterone increase ranging from 30% to 60%. Semen concentration and motility (which are part of sexual potency) also increased by 50% to 100%.
- A Naghii study showed that men who supplemented with 10 mg of boron each day boosted their free testosterone by 28% after just 1 week. Their estrogen levels also went down by 39%.
- Also, a Miljkovic study had men who took 6 mg of boron every day for 2 months. The received a 29.5 increase for their testosterone levels.
- A Korean double-blind study involved men taking the Korean red ginseng for 8 weeks (and another group that just took placebos). Those who took the ginseng received considerable increases in sexual satisfaction and performance as well as the quality of the erection.
- Another Asian red ginseng study involved 60 men with mild to moderate levels of erectile dysfunction. Those who received the ginseng for 12 weeks vastly improved their ED condition.
- In the Current Cancer Drug Targets, an article reported how luteolin binds to estrogen receptors. This can decrease estrogen levels, which then improves the testosterone levels in men.
- A Selcuk University study had athletes taking 10 mg of magnesium every day for 4 weeks. One group did an hour and a half of tae kwon do a day, while the other group didn’t exercise. In both groups, there was a significant testosterone level increase compared to the placebo group.
- A University Hospital of Parma study noted that in older men who had high magnesium levels also had higher testosterone levels.
- A University of Lucknow study had 150 men taking 5 grams of Mucuna Pruriens a day for 3 months. The quality and quantity of the semen of these 150 men improved.
- A different Mucuna Pruriens study also involved men taking 5 mg of the supplement a day. After the study, their T-levels increased by an average of 27.3%.
- The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry published an animal lab study report which noted that the testosterone of rats went down by 74.5% when they were limited to a vitamin B6-free diet.
- A Stanford University study showed that estrogen and testosterone were regulated by vitamin D.
- The researchers from the Medical University of Graz also demonstrated their study participants who supplemented with vitamin D for an entire year had their T-levels go up by 20% on average.
- Tohoku University nutritionists found that vitamin K2 enhanced the activities of particular enzymes in the testes leading to higher T-levels.
- A lab rat study also found that the animals which had vitamin K2 in their diets for 5 weeks enjoyed a 50% spike in their testosterone levels, compared to the lab rats that didn’t get vitamin K2 at all.
- In a small study involving elderly men who were somewhat deficient in zinc, supplementation with zinc resulted in the doubling of their testosterone levels. That same study also had a group of men about 27 or 28 years old reducing the zinc levels in their food. After a time, their testosterone levels dropped by an average of 73%.
My Personal Results
Personally, I took this because I was getting on in years. Men generally drop testosterone production by about 1% every year once they turn 30 or so.
Since I’m now in my 50s, you can safely say my T-levels aren’t like they were when I was in my 20s. But my T-levels, while low, aren’t too low so my doctor doesn’t think I need a shot of testosterone to compensate. This means I need to boost my testosterone levels some other way.
That led to Prime Male, which I tried out because it was popular and garnered numerous rave reviews. I know that there’s no supplement (or medicine for that matter) that works for everyone, but having such a large number of satisfied customers made me feel confident that there was a good chance I’d benefit as well.
At least there was a 90-day money-back guarantee. I just took a red capsule with my breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner. That’s 4 times a day.
By the time the 90-day period was up, I knew I’d be continuing on with Prime Male. That’s because I now feel a lot more energetic. I’m able to concentrate better at work, or when I’m playing chess with friends. My wife also appreciates my increasing desire to snuggle and flirt with her.
Even my doctor says my testosterone levels have risen back to a more normal range. MY waistline also got smaller by a couple of inches. So it’s not just that I imagined these benefits. They’re real for me, as I suspect it’s real for many other people who’ve tried this.
It’s a good thing that I’m not taking any medications because Prime Male might interfere. I also made sure that I never took more than 4 capsules a day. All good things are better when taken in moderation, and you can get bad results when you take too much of the stuff.
Should You Take It?
That depends. If you’re past 30 years of age, you’d certainly benefit as this can compensate for the decline in your testosterone production. You won’t be as foggy, tired, and moody.
But even if you’re in your 20s you can benefit from Prime Male if you’re working out to build lean muscles. You need testosterone for that. Anabolic steroids are bad since it boosts your testosterone by artificial means, and you get terrible side effects as a result. With Prime Male, you’re able to increase your testosterone levels and enjoy a more effective workout as a result.
There’s no harm in trying since you have 3 months to see if it works for you. Chances are, it will.
- Very effective for many users
- Scientifically backed
- Dosage of ingredients revealed
- Easy to take
- Comes with a 90-day guarantee
- You may have to snack in the afternoon every day so you can take this at that time
- It’s sometimes easy to forget to take this with a meal
- Lots of other T-boosters are cheaper
You can buy 1 bottle (good for a month) for $69. However, that’s not counting the shipping costs.
You can buy 2 bottles for $138, and the shipping is free if you’re in the US or in the UK.
If you buy 3 bottles for $207, you also get a 4th bottle free. That means each bottle effectively costs $51.75. The shipping, in this case, is also free, regardless of where you are in the world.
You just need to buy from the official Prime Male website, so you know you’re getting the right product and the money-back guarantee. If you buy anywhere else, such as GNC or Amazon, you may not be sure that the seller is offering the authentic supplement.
Are There Side Effects?
If you only take 4 capsules a day, then there are no side effects. There is a chance of side effects, however, if you exceed the recommended dosage.
Potential side effects due to excessive doses can include
- Hair loss
- Man boobs
- An upset stomach
- Sleeping troubles
- High blood pressure
- Skin problems
You can avoid all these just by sticking to the recommended dosage.
How Does It Compare With Others?
- Compared to TestoFuel. They both have lots of D-AA along with many other ingredients in common. But Prime Male has boron, nettle root, and Mucuna Pruriens while TestoFuel doesn’t have these ingredients.
- Compared to Testogen. Testogen does have more D-AA, but then it doesn’t have boron, Mucuna Pruriens, luteolin, magnesium, nettle root, and vitamins B6, D3, and K2. Testogen also doesn’t use BioPerine.
- Compared to Nugenix. Nugenix uses a proprietary formula, so you’re not really sure of the doses you’re getting from the ingredients.
In each comparison, Prime Male stacks up well and is the better option.
Does Prime Male really work?
For most men, it does. No supplement works equally well for everyone, however.
Is it safe?
If you stick to 4 capsules a day with meals, then it’s absolutely safe. But it’s only for adults and you shouldn’t be taking other medicines.
Is it a scam?
Absolutely not. It’s been at the top of the T-booster industry for years.
Does GNC sell Prime Male?
It doesn’t matter if you find it on GNC or on Amazon. It’s best to get it from the official site to make sure you’re getting the real stuff.
Any Prime male coupon code?
The only discount is for US and UK shipping if you’re buying 2 bottles or if you buy 3 bottles and you get a free 4th bottle and free shipping to wherever.
How long should I take?
You can take it for 90 days to see if it works for you. If it does work during that time frame, you can take it indefinitely.
There’s no guarantee that it will work for you. But there’s a good chance that it will, especially if you’re getting older. Try it anyway, since it’s safe and you have a money-back guarantee. With Prime Male, you have lots to gain and nothing to lose. You can check their official website here.